I am currently a cyber engineer, and my wife, Che, is a homemaker. We both graduated from Calvary Chapel Bible College. I received a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from Bradley University followed by a Master of Theological Studies from Liberty University Baptist Theological Seminary . I serve as a teacher at First Baptist Church of Melbourne, FL.
Che and I have a great love for the church and desire to plant a church in Brevard county. As the manifestation of Christ’s body on earth, we recognize that without the church there is no mission, no evangelism, no discipleship, no worship of God, and no hope for this world. Yet Jesus saw fit to empower his children into one body that can shine the light of the gospel into the despair of the surrounding community.
Because Jesus overcame the world in His resurrection, the church will also overcome the world as well (Jn 16:33; 1 Jn 5:4). It is this foundation of gospel hope that enables the local church to disciple and edify its members, and it is this same hope that enables the local church to shine Christ out to it’s community.
Summary of My Labels*
- Christian – I affirm that Jesus is my Saviour and Lord.
- Protestant – I affirm the five “solas” of the Reformation.
- Sola Scriptura (“by Scripture alone”)
- Sola fide (“by faith alone”)
- Sola gratia (“by grace alone”)
- Solus Christus or Solo Christo (“Christ alone” or “through Christ alone”)
- Soli Deo gloria (“glory to God alone”)
- Evangelical – I believe the gospel and am compelled to proclaim it.
- Baptist – I affirm the Baptist distinctives of the local church.
- The Bible as the sole authority for faith and practice
- The autonomy of the local church
- The priesthood of the believer
- Two ordinances of believer’s baptism by immersion and the gospel commemoration of Lord’s Supper
- Individual soul liberty
- Regenerate and baptized church membership
- Two offices of pastors (also called elders or bishops) and deacons
- Separation of church and state
~ Aaron Copeland
* While all of these labels have lost their reputation and gospel-centered theological moorings, I apply them all in their historic sense.