The gospel message of “Christ crucified” has always been offensive. In our culture it is common for preachers to soften the offense of the cross, and the attributes of God that are displayed in the person of work of Jesus Christ. “American Gospel: Christ Crucified” explores how the paths of post-modernism and progressive Christianity lead to a different gospel, and a god created in our own image.
“But we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a stumbling block and to Gentiles foolishness…”1 Corinthians 1:23
– We often hear the phrase, “Jesus died for our sins.” What does that mean?
– Is the God of the Old Testament the same as the God in the New Testament?
– Did God the Father kill Jesus?
– Can a loving God also express wrath?
– Why is hell necessary?
– Did Jesus save us from God the Father?